The Misriah Armories W1000 is an advanced laser sidearm, developed, produced and fielded by the New Frenco Empire. Being the standard-issue pistol of the Imperial Military since 2130, it is a commonly seen and recognizable weapon in the Frencoverse. It's capabilities are described as with any laser; extremely accurate, no recoil, and modest stopping power.
Notable Users and Uses
- A "specially-modified" W1000 is the preferred weapon of Frenkish Emperor Derrick Zane. His favorite pistol was supposedly carried and used during the Canal War, though given the fact that the W1000 wasn't introduced until four years after the war had already ended, this can be considered an inconsistency/retcon.
- Leslie Chapman (at the behest of his superiors) carries a W1000 in Red Planet, although it is never used.
- Hadrian Kelly is briefly seen wielding one in To Struggle In The Way Of Allah in anticipation of a Caliphate raid. Later on, Kelly is nearly executed by a blast from a W1000 in Mecca by a Vanguard Corporal.
- Jack Carver uses one during the climax of Struggle, attempting to execute Jane Smyth and Elena Trotskaya (mostly the former) with it.
- The name, appearance and general functionality of the weapon is based upon the Wattz 1000 Laser Pistol from Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game and it's sequel, Fallout 2.